Well, it’s about time to share where I stand on some of the new TV shows. I’ve tried about a half dozen, and here is what I think:
Shows I Couldn’t Get into (better than saying I hated them):
1. Apt. 9JKL: although I love the ‘younger generation’ actors in the cast (as compared to the parents), I couldn’t stand the characters, as expected, of the overbearing, busy body mother. I lasted for one scene with her, and then deleted the program from my DVR. Too bad. I really, REALLY like David Walton and keeping waiting for him to find the right vehicle to star in.
2. The Good Doctor. Although I never watched a nano-second of Bates Motel, I just CAN’T with the lead actor. He is entirely too creepy for me. Without even opening his mouth, he just creeps me out. I lasted about 2 minutes, then deleted that from my DVR too.
3. The Gifted. Way too YA (young adult) for this old broad. Lasted 2 minutes, then deleted it, too.
4. The Orville. It was ok. I would’ve stayed with it, but hubby hated it, and well, I didn’t like it enough to watch alone. LOL
5. Star Trek. Yeah, didn’t work for either of us. (and hubby is a Trek fan.)
Shows the I Liked the Premiere (but I’m behind & haven’t seen any 2nd episodes yet):
1. The Brave. I love Anne Heche. I liked this a lot more than I thought I might. We’ll see if it can continue to bring it.
2. The Wisdom of the Crowd. I’m not a Jeremy Piven fan, but I’m a HUGE fan of Richard T. Jones, and have been since his Judging Amy days. :: heart throb :: (hence the photo up top. LOL) Hope this show continues to hold my interest.
3. Ten Days in the Valley. Normally, I wouldn’t like this show at all, but Kyra Sedgwick killed the premiere. But she’s a pretty unlikeable, messy character, and her daughter was kidnapped right under her nose, so the intrigue is pulling me in. I suspect I won’t last long though; I need someone to root for, and Kyra’s character is likely going to be too much of a mess, and responsible for her daughters kidnapping for being neglectful….so we’ll see.
4. Will and Grace. Only thing I’ve ever liked Debra Messing in. The ensemble just works for me. Even Karen’s annoying voice. LOL It just cracks.me.up.
Show on the Cusp already for me:
1. Ghosted. I LOVE the cast (Adam Scott & Craig Robinson), but it was only weakly funny. The funny has to be better for us to keep on. Very disappointing.
Shows Waiting for their late Premieres:
1. Dynasty. I know, I know. This is for old time’s sake, and odds are I won’t make it through the premiere episode.
2. Instinct. ANYTHING with Alan Cummings, and I’m fully on board. Most anticipated premiere of all for me, but I think it’s mid-season. boo.
3. Kevin (Probably) Saves the World. Ok, it HAS premiered, but we just haven’t gotten to it on the DVR yet.
How about you? Watching any new shows? Loving any/hating any?