Today’s post will be a little bit of this, a little bit of that….
1. found the coffee pot I wanted. Nice Cuisinart model, that I got 20% off of, at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Very pretty brushed silver front, too. I’m so over black plastic. (top of lid and inside is fine, but not on what one sees on the counter…) Coffee tastes great this morning. Back to normal on that front.
2. We went and saw the Brian Wilson Performs Pet Sounds concert Saturday night. We had misread where it was being held; fortunately we discovered that on Friday night, so we were able to adjust our plans and route and got there fine. I gotta say, Brian Wilson is a hot MESS, and can’t hit a note. (vocally.) He had to be assisted walking on and off the stage. But Al Jardine was there, and fortunately Al has a son named Matt, who can sing ALL of the falsetto parts, and did an amazing job. Only when Brian tried to sing the lead himself was it a hot mess. It was a great concert for the most part, sandwiching the Pet Sounds entire album on either end with all of the other Beach Boys hits. This was their last concert in the 18 month world-wide tour, so it held extra special meaning because Brian Wilson said this tour was his swan song. It was outdoors, and got pretty brisk, but we were prepared for that, and had a great time.
3. I suck at football. Well, everyone sucks at (predicting outcomes this season) football. League parity has arrived.
4. Supposed to hit 95 today, 92 tomorrow, and then 88 on Wed. Somewhere, fall MUST be approaching…
5. I got another stye, same (left) eye as usual, but this is going to be a whopper. I’m not feeling any pain, itchiness, or eye watering yet, but it’s red on the inside and the only reason I know it’s there is because it’s actually causing a small lump on the skin below that eye! Can’t treat it until tonight. Hope it doesn’t get too bad just because it’s so big. 😦
6. and yes, some equilibrium problems today. My own fault, I was scrunched down in a really low, awkward position on the sofa late last night, and when I sat up to go upstairs to bed, I felt it. Sure enough this morning, too. I did the ‘maneuvers’ for it, but had my hubbster drive me to work. Hopefully I caught it early and I’ll be ok to drive tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
That’s all I got!
Have a great week!